Follow or Face My Wrath

Monday, August 24, 2015

NEW OLD RAMBLINGS

So obviously, blogging is not a top priority for me.  I've bounced back and forth from blog to blog for the last several years, and I've had long stretches where I post nothing at all.  I do not apologize for this, it's simply my way.
But, periodically, I go through a blogging renaissance, and re-tool my online presence such that things are presented in a more focused, unified manner.
This week is one of those times.
For the last year or so, I've been doing 100% of my blogging over at The Seraphim Universe, a site I originally created to be a news source and database regarding my fiction output.  However, as traffic to that site waxed and traffic to this site waned, I began posting about whatever crossed my mind there.
Then I entered one of my periods of low-to-zero output, and it occurred to me that I have been mixing up my various endeavors.  Pete Rambles was originally created to be a repository of all my unconnected thoughts, which I maintain primarily on the assumption that one day in the far future, historians will want to piece together the psyche of the man whose work altered the bedrock of human civilization.  Much like the students in Rufus's history class were eager to learn about Bill and Ted.
ANYHOW, I am currently preparing to lead a two-part plotting workshop for the Central Arkansas NaNoWriMo chapter, and accordingly, I will be launching a new blog where I will cull various resources for participants and the general writing public to enjoy.  This blog will be called "How's the Novel Coming?" and is geared at no-bullshit writing advice.  The Seraphim Universe site will be reverting to what it should have been all along; a source for news and info about my published works.  I've moved all writing-advice-related posts to How's the Novel Coming, and everything else is being re-posted here.
So for those of you who are interested (or for you future historians who are reading this), here's a look at the fresh junk:

Murder, I Write, a post I did a while back about writing the act of murder.
Johnny and Billy and Baseball and the American Way, a satirical short story I wrote that illustrates my views on the same-sex marriage debate.
Losses and Gains, a random train of thought I had after watching Chef's Table on Netflix.
Drugs Lie, a personal piece I did on my experiences with drugs.
Redeye, a poem about coffee.
Christmas Ruminations, a post about the influence Calvin and Hobbes has had on my life.
and finally, You should like the Foo Fighters, which I hope is self-explanatory.

I hope you enjoy all these new old ramblings, and remember to check out the newly updated Seraphim Universe, and my new site How's the Novel Coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment